Frequently Asked Questions
The franchising@Work awards
Franchising@WORK is the only awards program dedicated solely to recognizing companies serving the franchise sector for creating outstanding workplaces for their employees.
Who should apply?
Any company operating in the franchise space that is proud of the workplace and culture they have created, challenge their employees to continually improve their performance in a fun and engaging environment, and support their employees’ career growth and advancement, as well as franchise companies that want to attract, hire, and retain the best employees.
Who is eligible?
The awards are open to all U.S. and Canadian-based franchises, multi-unit franchisees, and suppliers servicing the franchise sector that have at least 10 full-time employees and gross annual revenue of $1M+.
Why should my company apply?
There are so many perks to winning! Here are just a few of the biggies:
- Broad exposure and recognition. This is an opportunity to show the world you're an employer of choice.
- Actionable insights. You’ll receive your benchmarks score so you can see how your employee engagement compares to other franchise brands. Plus, if you opt in to receive the full results of your survey, you’ll get access to the detailed results and a full review with the FBR team to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Higher employee engagement and retention. Employees will appreciate that you are asking for their input and you’ll be able to use the feedback to help you retain the best employees in the business.
- Valuable recruitment tool. Attract the best and the brightest employees.
- Shared best practices. Get the inside scoop on the strategies top franchise employers are using.
What is the deadline?
The deadline to register is March 31, 2021. Employees must complete the survey by April 30 to be included in the research.
How are the winners selected?
Companies that participate in our franchising@WORK survey are eligible for the franchising@WORK Awards recognizing the best franchise companies to work for based on responses from their employees in these key areas:
- “Best Culture”
- “Best Boss” (aka Management)
- “Best Leadership”
- “Best Compensation & Benefits”
- “Best Overall Satisfaction”
The award winners are selected based on their employee engagement benchmark scores on 24 questions in eight key areas related to satisfaction, leadership and culture. Scores for each benchmark question are determined using a weighted scale -- the most positive response option (such as “excellent” or “strongly agree”) having the most positive effect, and the most negative option having the most negative effect.
When are the winners announced?
Award winners will be notified by mid-May and will be publicly announced in mid-June.
What is the application process?
The process is easy! Simply fill out the entry form and a team member from FBR will be in touch to go over next steps, including options for customization, survey administration and the results you receive.
What is the cost to participate?
The cost to register is $495 USD for franchisors and suppliers. There is no cost for franchisees.
What will my company receive?
All participants will receive a scorecard showing their benchmark scores in the eight key areas of the survey. Award winners will also receive a PR toolkit with award graphics, a press release template and other opportunities for promotion.
Additionally, your company has the option of purchasing detailed reports that capture all the data collected from your employees, which can be used to identify opportunities and risks, understand where you can make improvements, and measure year-over-year progress on employee engagement and retention.
What if my company doesn’t make the list?
If your company doesn’t make the list, no one will know but you. Individual companies who are not finalists or award winners will not be shared publicly.
Franchising@WORK EMployee Survey
What is the Franchising@WORK survey?
The Franchising@WORK survey is a tool developed by Franchise Business Review to measure and benchmark the satisfaction and engagement of employees working in the franchise sector.
How is the survey distributed?
Send us your employee contact list and we’ll do the rest. All responses need to be received by April 30, 2021 to be included in the research. Surveys can be launched within 48 hours of registering and can be customized to meet your specific needs.
Additionally, FBR independently surveys franchise professionals to gather aggregate data as part of our ongoing research.
How long is the survey?
The survey consists of 24 benchmark questions covering eight key areas: satisfaction self-assessment, alignment, team, manager, leadership, and core, plus additional demographic and compensation questions, The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete.
Do all employees need to complete the survey?
No; however, the more employees that complete the survey, the more accurate your results. In addition, to be considered for the Franchising@WORK awards, you must have at least 30% of your employees participate. Participation rate is also factored into the weighted benchmark score for the awards, so the more employees that answer the survey, the better.
Will my company receive the results of the survey?
All companies that participate in the survey receive a high-level scorecard with their benchmark score in each of the eight key areas. Companies that opt-in for the “full” survey (an additional cost) also receive:
- Option to add custom questions to the survey
- Open text questions added
- FBR to administer via email and text (if available)
- Ongoing quarterly pulses (for quarterly option clients)
- Custom reporting with full company data and industry benchmarks
- Department/location scorecards
- Employee insights report with full verbatim text responses
- Online data access
- Data review with the FBR management team
To learn more about these options and pricing for the full survey, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.